Toll Free Helpline (India): 1800 1234 070

Rest of World: +91-9810852116

Free Publication Certificate

Vol. 12, Special Issue 7 (2023)

Incidence of elbow hygroma in dogs

Author(s):
Chandana L, BN Nagaraja, V Mahesh, Girish MH, Anilkumar MC and Sagar RS
Abstract:
The present study was carried out among the dogs presented to the Veterinary College Hospital, Hebbal, Bengaluru during a period of one year from January 2022 to December 2022. Total number of dogs presented was 39,297. Among these total number of canine cases presented to Department of Veterinary Surgery and Radiology was 9,959 (25.34%). Out of these, canine elbow hygroma was 42 (0.42%). Majority of dogs diagnosed with elbow hygroma were German Shepherd (23.8%, 10/42) followed by Rottweiler (19.04%, 8/42), Labrador Retriever (19.04%, 8/42), Great Dane (16.67%, 7/42), Dobermann (9.52%, 4/42), Golden Retriever (4.76%, 2/42), Mudhol Hound (2.38%, 1/42), Belgian Shepherd (2.38%, 1/42) and Saint Bernard (2.38%, 1/42). The highest incidence of elbow hygroma was seen in dogs of 6 months - 1 year age (45.24%, 19/42), followed by dogs aged below 5 months (28.57%, 12/42), 1.1 - 1.5 years (21.43%, 9/42), 1.6 - 2 years (4.76%, 2/42) and no incidence of elbow hygroma recorded above 2.1 years of age. Gender wise incidence of canine elbow hygroma was highest in males (71.43%, 30/42) and remaining were in females (28.57%, 12/42). Out of 42 cases of canine elbow hygroma, highest incidence was recorded in dogs weighing 21-30 kg (45.24%, 19/42), followed by dogs weighing 11-20 kg (30.95%, 13/42), 31-40 kg (14.28%, 6/42), above 41 kg (7.14%, 3/42) and below 10 kg (2.38%, 1/42). Among 42 dogs with elbow hygroma, 20 (47.62%) were bilaterally affected with highest incidence and 22 (52.38%) were unilaterally affected with lower incidence.
Pages: 1115-1117  |  172 Views  127 Downloads
How to cite this article:
Chandana L, BN Nagaraja, V Mahesh, Girish MH, Anilkumar MC and Sagar RS. Incidence of elbow hygroma in dogs. The Pharma Innovation Journal. 2023; 12(7S): 1115-1117.
Important Publications Links
The Pharma Innovation Journal

The Pharma Innovation Journal


Call for book chapter