Toll Free Helpline (India): 1800 1234 070

Rest of World: +91-9810852116

Free Publication Certificate

Vol. 11, Special Issue 3 (2022)

Effect of dietary supplementation of ginger, garlic and turmeric on humoral immune response, antioxidant property and carcass traits of broilers

Author(s):
Sonali Namdeo, RPS Baghel, Sunil Nayak, Ankur Khare, Ravi Prakash Pal, Amit Chaurasiya and Saurabh Sahu
Abstract:
This experiment was conducted to examine the effects of ginger, garlic and turmeric supplementation on serum biochemical parameters, humoral immune response and carcass traits of broiler production. A total of 135, day old Cobb broilers were randomly allocated in to 9 experimental groups (T1, T2, T3, T4, T5, T6, T7, T8, T9), each consisting of 3 replicates of 5 chicks each. The standard broiler diets (T1) were formulated as per commercial feed specifications for Pre-starter: 0-14 days (22.5% CP and 3000 kcal ME/kg); Starter: 15-28 days (21.0% CP and 3125 kcal ME/kg) and Finisher: 29-42 days (19.5% CP and 3250 kcal ME/kg). Other diets were same as T1 except various levels of ginger, garlic and turmeric were supplemented in treatments groups. Diets T2, T3 and T4 were supplemented with 0.5% each of ginger, garlic and turmeric, respectively, T5 with 0.25% each of ginger and garlic, T6 with 0.25% each of turmeric and ginger, T7 with 0.25% each of turmeric and garlic, diet T8 with a combination of ginger, garlic and turmeric @ 0.25% each while, diet T9 with 0.5% each of ginger and garlic and 0.25% of turmeric. Experiment was conducted for six weeks. The results (0-6 weeks) of present study indicated that supplementation of 0.5% garlic to the basal diet of broilers (T3) significantly improved (p<0.05) serum biochemical parameters, humoral immune response and carcass traits of broilers followed by broilers fed diet supplemented with combination of 0.25% ginger and 0.25% garlic (T5). It could be concluded that supplementation of 0.5% garlic improved antioxidant status, immune response and carcass traits of broilers.
Pages: 787-791  |  538 Views  348 Downloads
How to cite this article:
Sonali Namdeo, RPS Baghel, Sunil Nayak, Ankur Khare, Ravi Prakash Pal, Amit Chaurasiya and Saurabh Sahu. Effect of dietary supplementation of ginger, garlic and turmeric on humoral immune response, antioxidant property and carcass traits of broilers. The Pharma Innovation Journal. 2022; 11(3S): 787-791.

Call for book chapter