Toll Free Helpline (India): 1800 1234 070

Rest of World: +91-9810852116

NAAS RATING: 5.23, Impact Factor: RJIF 5.98 | Free Publication Certificate
updates
NAAS Rating: 5.23 new
Vol. 10, Special Issue 5 (2021)

Awareness of rural women on selected home science technologies

Author(s):
Bojjagani Jhansi, Dr. MS Chaitanya Kumari, Dr. VK Jayaraghavendra Rao and Dr. S Prasanthi
Abstract:
The present study awareness of rural women on selected home science technologies was carried out in Madhurapur village, in Rangareddy district of Telangana State. A sample of 30 rural women were selected by using simple random sampling technique. The data was analyzed through frequency and percentage. The results revealed that nearly half (46.66%) of the respondents belongs to old age category and more than half (56.67%) are illiterates. Great majority of them belongs to nuclear type of family. In decision making of home management, rural women participation is seen high in child care, food preparation, clothing and home management. Rural women had no awareness on computer, self-help groups (SHGs), Bank/ATMs, new insurance schemes and their participation is seen less in social activities. Most of the rural women are having less awareness on kitchen gardening and use of organic farming. Whereas, cent percent of them are following 3 meal plan with moist heat method of cooking for daily purpose. Majority, (86.66%) of rural women had no awareness on consumer education, food adulterants, solar energy conservation and drudgery reduction techniques. Great majority of the respondents are using LPG and remaining (16.60%) are using firewood for cooking. Majority (70.00%) of them are giving equal importance to educate girl child. Only 10.00 percent rural women expressed that they are facing gender bias in day to day life and about (13.33%) of them married before 18 years (early marriages) and remaining (86.66%) married for correct age. Most of the rural women problems can be avoided and managed through awareness and improvement in skills. To lead a better quality of life, women need to be empowered and brought into the mainstream both in communication, access to technology, and improved child care and better nutrition with low cost and available materials in the villages.
Pages: 242-245  |  102 Views  3 Downloads
How to cite this article:
Bojjagani Jhansi, Dr. MS Chaitanya Kumari, Dr. VK Jayaraghavendra Rao and Dr. S Prasanthi. Awareness of rural women on selected home science technologies. The Pharma Innovation Journal. 2021; 10(5S): 242-245.
The Pharma Innovation Journal