Toll Free Helpline (India): 1800 1234 070

Rest of World: +91-9810852116

Free Publication Certificate

Vol. 12, Issue 3 (2023)

Effect of different levels of NPK fertilizer on quality parameters of potato (Solanum tuberosum L.)

Author(s):
Sukwariya Devi, Pravin Kumar Sharma, Jitendra Trivedi, Lalit Kumar Shrivastava, Sunil Agrawal, Praveen Gupta and Mukesh Kharshan
Abstract:
The present study was conducted at Research Cum Demonstrational Farm, College of Agriculture, Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidalaya, Raipur, Chhattisgarh during the year 2020-2021 and 2021-2022. The experiment was conducted using variety of Kufri Pukhraj under Randomized Block Design (RBD) with three replications comprising ten treatments of fertilizers viz., T1: 75% NPK as per recommendation, T2: 100% NPK as per recommendation, T3: 125% NPK as per recommendation, T4: 75% NPK as per YT 35 t/ha,T5: 100% NPK as per YT 35 t/ha, T6: 125% NPK as per YT 35 t/ha, T7: Without N fertilizer (PK), T8: Without P fertilizer (NK), T9: Without K fertilizer (NP) and T10: Without NPK (Control). Result regarding quality parameters such as tuber dry matter content (19.39%), specific gravity (1.079), starch content (12.39%), reducing sugar (0.24%), non-reducing sugar (0.32%) and total sugar (0.56%) were found to be higher with the application of 125% NPK as per YT 35 t/ha. However, the maximum protein content in tuber (1.91%), carbohydrate (13.59%) and total soluble solid (6.04%) was recorded with application of 125% NPK as per recommendation. While, the minimum was recorded under without NPK (Control).
Pages: 5028-5032  |  277 Views  205 Downloads


The Pharma Innovation Journal
How to cite this article:
Sukwariya Devi, Pravin Kumar Sharma, Jitendra Trivedi, Lalit Kumar Shrivastava, Sunil Agrawal, Praveen Gupta, Mukesh Kharshan. Effect of different levels of NPK fertilizer on quality parameters of potato (Solanum tuberosum L.). Pharma Innovation 2023;12(3):5028-5032.

Call for book chapter