Toll Free Helpline (India): 1800 1234 070

Rest of World: +91-9810852116

Free Publication Certificate

Vol. 10, Issue 8 (2021)

Effect of seed treatment and storage period on physiological parameters of acid lime (Citrus aurantifolia Swingle L.)

Author(s):
Seema Yadav, MC Jain, RK Yadav, Yamini Tak and RK Meena
Abstract:
An experiment was conducted at Instructional farm, Department of Horticulture, College of Agriculture, Ummedganj, Kota (Agriculture University, Kota). The experiment was laid out in a Factorial Completely Randomized Design with 32 treatment combinations and these treatments were replicated thrice. The treatments comprised of 8 pre-sowing seed treatments (T) viz., T0-Control (Storage without treatment), T1- Lime juice treatment, T2- KNO3 at 1%, T3- KNO3 at 2%, T4- KNO3 at 3%, T5- Thiourea at 1%, T6- Thiourea at 1.5% and T7- Thiourea at 2% and four Storage periods (S) viz.,S0- sowing 0 days after seed extraction, S1- sowing 7 days after seed extraction, S2- sowing 14 days after seed extraction and S3- sowing 21 days after seed extraction. Irrespective of the chemical treatments Sowing of seed immediately after extraction (fresh seed) observed maximum nitrogen (1.70%) content, Phosphorus (0.38%) content, Potassium (0.96%) content, chlorophyll a (1.34 mg/g), chlorophyll b (0.38 mg/g), total chlorophyll (1.73 mg/g) and maximum relative water content (87.14%) in leaf as well. However seed treatment T4 KNO3 @ 3% recorded maximum phosphorus (0.39%), potassium (1.02%), chlorophyll a (1.40%), chlorophyll b (0.38%), total chlorophyll (1.78%) and relative water content (86.50%) in leaves at 60 DAS. Maximum nitrogen content (1.79%) showed that the treatment T7 thiourea @ 2%. Treatment combination S0T4 recorded maximum phosphorus content (0.42%), maximum Potassium content (1.05%) and chlorophyll b (0.43 mg/g) content at 60 DAS in leaves of acid lime.
Pages: 1851-1854  |  136 Views  25 Downloads


The Pharma Innovation Journal
How to cite this article:
Seema Yadav, MC Jain, RK Yadav, Yamini Tak, RK Meena. Effect of seed treatment and storage period on physiological parameters of acid lime (Citrus aurantifolia Swingle L.). Pharma Innovation 2021;10(8):1851-1854.
Important Publications Links
The Pharma Innovation Journal

The Pharma Innovation Journal


Call for book chapter