Toll Free Helpline (India): 1800 1234 070

Rest of World: +91-9810852116

NAAS RATING: 5.23, Impact Factor: RJIF 5.98 | Free Publication Certificate
updates
NAAS Rating: 5.23 new

Vol. 11, Special Issue 10 (2022)

Performance of information channels on commercial fish and vegetable farmers of Sivasagar district in Assam, India

Author(s):
Trishnalee Saikia, PK Pathok, P Handique, S Borthakur and H Gogoi
Abstract:
Proper and timely information is the utmost need of the farming community for their overall socioeconomic development as well as for the development of agrarian nation like India. There are various sources of information related to agriculture sector both formal and informal, govt and non-governmental in India as well as in Assam, viz. agricultural university, extension centres like Krishi Vigyan Kendras, Research stations, State departments, Radio networks, Newspaper, Television channels etc. But, very few studies have been conducted in this regard to know the performance of these extension sources in the farming community. Present study was undertaken to see the use of extension networks by the fish producers and vegetable growers in Sivasagar district of Assam. From the study it was observed that 51 per cent of the fish producers obtained information from all the sources like public, private and mass media, whereas the rest 49 per cent obtained from private and mass media only. In case of commercial vegetable growers, it was found that 69per cent of the growers obtained information from private and mass media whereas the rest 31per cent obtained information from all the sources like public, private and mass media.
Pages: 41-44  |  64 Views  2 Downloads
How to cite this article:
Trishnalee Saikia, PK Pathok, P Handique, S Borthakur and H Gogoi. Performance of information channels on commercial fish and vegetable farmers of Sivasagar district in Assam, India. The Pharma Innovation Journal. 2022; 11(10S): 41-44.
Call for book chapter
The Pharma Innovation Journal