Toll Free Helpline (India): 1800 1234 070

Rest of World: +91-9810852116

Free Publication Certificate

Vol. 11, Issue 3 (2022)

Effect of nutrients and shoot retention on quality of fruits and soil nutrient status in rejuvenated guava (Psidium guajava L.) CV Sardar

Author(s):
Archana S, Nagesh Naik, Sayeed Almas Mulla and Nataraja KH
Abstract:
A present study was conducted with the objective to study the physico-chemical characters of fruit and soil nutrient status under different treatments of shoot retention and nutrition in the rejuvenated guava which was conducted during 2018-2019 at orchard of Fruit Science Department, Kittur Rani Channamma College of Horticulture, Arabhavi (UHS, Bagalkot), Karnataka. Among shoot thinning 3 shoots per branch (S1) had highest fruit quality parameters viz., TSS (11.50 º B), Ascorbic acid (170.86 mg/100g), reducing (4.24%), non-reducing (3.48%), total sugars (7.72%), soil characters like pH (8.02), EC (0.28 dSm­-1) and organic carbon (0.67%). Plants supplemented with 100% RDF (200: 80: 150 NPK g/plant) + (Zn+B+Mg) 0.3% each (F6) has recorded maximum TSS (11.42 º B), Ascorbic acid (189.92 mg/100g), reducing (4.40%), non-reducing (3.46%), total sugars (7.86%) and soil characters like pH (8.01), EC (0.26 dSm­-1) and organic carbon (0.66%). Interaction effect has got non-significant results for all the parameters. +However, the treatment S1F6 consisting of 3 shoots per branch and 100 per cent RDF (200:80:150 NPK g/plant) + (Zn+B+Mg) 0.3 per cent each has recorded moderate fruit physico-chemical parameters and soil nutrient status.
Pages: 418-422  |  342 Views  115 Downloads


The Pharma Innovation Journal
How to cite this article:
Archana S, Nagesh Naik, Sayeed Almas Mulla, Nataraja KH. Effect of nutrients and shoot retention on quality of fruits and soil nutrient status in rejuvenated guava (Psidium guajava L.) CV Sardar. Pharma Innovation 2022;11(3):418-422.

Call for book chapter