Toll Free Helpline (India): 1800 1234 070

Rest of World: +91-9810852116

NAAS Rating: 5.03, Impact Factor: RJIF 5.98 | Free Publication Certificate
updates
NAAS Rating: 5.03 new
Vol. 7, Issue 4 (2018)

Epidemiological studies on infectious bursal disease in broiler chickens in Haryana state during 2012-2015

Author(s):
Preeti, Suresh Kumar, Laxmi Bai, Ramkaran, Naresh Jindal and Renu Gupta
Abstract:
Infectious bursal disease (IBD) is an acute and highly contagious viral infection of poultry. The present study was conducted to analyse the epidemiological data of IBD in poultry from January, 2012 to December, 2015. The disease was diagnosed on the basis of clinical presentation of dullness, depression, yellowish diarrhoea, ruffled feathers and sudden increase in mortality and gross pathology. Of the 12,858 poultry flocks presented for disease investigation during the fouryears period, 585 (4.55%) flocks were affected with IBD. Overall morbidity, cumulative mortality and case fatality rate due to IBD were 4.38%, 2.62% and 59.68%, respectively. The birds of age group of 21-30 days were more affectedwith IBD as compared to other age groups. The disease was recorded throughout the year with higher incidence in autumn/spring season (n=162 flocks; 27.69%) followed by rainy season (n=151 flocks; 25.81%). Of the 585 IBD affected flocks, 400 (68%) flocks had the history of IBD vaccination while the remaining 185 (32%) flocks were unvaccinated against this disease.
Pages: 282-285  |  374 Views  20 Downloads
How to cite this article:
Preeti, Suresh Kumar, Laxmi Bai, Ramkaran, Naresh Jindal, Renu Gupta. Epidemiological studies on infectious bursal disease in broiler chickens in Haryana state during 2012-2015. Pharma Innovation 2018;7(4):282-285.
The Pharma Innovation Journal