Toll Free Helpline (India): 1800 1234 070

Rest of World: +91-9810852116

NAAS Rating: 5.03, Impact Factor: RJIF 5.98 | Free Publication Certificate
updates
NAAS Rating: 5.03 new
Vol. 7, Issue 1 (2018)

Pulses production in India: Issues and elucidations

Author(s):
Rajeev Singh, Maneesh Kumar Singh, Amit Kumar Singh and Chandan Singh
Abstract:
Most of the people in India is at a standstill vegetarian in dietary habit and depends upon vegetative source to meet out its daily nutritional requirement. Pulses are grown across the country with the highest share coming from Madhya Pradesh (24.00%), Uttar Pradesh (16.00%), Maharashtra (14.00%), Andhra Pradesh (10.00%), Karnataka (7.00%) and Rajasthan (6.00%), which together share about 77.00% of the total pulse production, while the remaining 23.00% is contributed by Gujarat, Chhattisgarh, Bihar, Orissa and Jharkhand. There are several issues related to pulse production like inauspicious weather condition, anomalous soil, several agronomic limitations, pests and diseases, blue bull problem and policy constraints, credit and marketing of pulses, which were discussed here. There is need to adopt all the components of supporter technology as a unit which help to overcome several complications in soil health hazards and poor response of technology in high production of pulses in India.
Pages: 10-13  |  417 Views  25 Downloads
How to cite this article:
Rajeev Singh, Maneesh Kumar Singh, Amit Kumar Singh and Chandan Singh. Pulses production in India: Issues and elucidations. 2018; 7(1): 10-13.
Journals List Click Here Research Journals Research Journals
Call for book chapter